Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, November 4, 2013

The Long Talk

In the long run , we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves.  The process never ends until we die.  And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Yesterday was my last real long run before the Richmond Half Marathon.  I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the race.  My pace on my long runs has been good, but recently life has gotten in the way of some of my training sessions, so I don't feel as confident as I did going into the half mary I did in October.  I know I'll be fine to finish, obvs, but I was hoping to beat my October time...and I'm not sure that's in the cards.  (Plus the Richmond course is hillier than the other, but that's not what is holding me back from a purely positive mental attitude.)  I hate missing training sessions - I realize that is a little OCD, but what can you do.

The other interesting thing that is going on is that Husband and I have been having the "long talk" - the one about doing a full IM.  Apparently my IM-crazy flag has been showing.  We had always talked about 2015 and maybe doing our first IMs together - but he's faster than me, so it wouldn't really be together anyway.  For my first one, I'd really like to have a full-time cheerleader out there for me, rather than just to see me finish.  And it turns out his dream IM (Mt Tremblant) is not the one I had been dreaming of (Louisville).  So what if I did IM Louisville in 2014?

Hmmm.  Interesting thought.  So we're thinking about it - just thinking, mind you.  Way too much to think about, but we're checking out logistics, training schedules, etc. to see if it is even in the realm of the possible.  Entirely conceivable at this point that it is not going to work out at all - especially given that there are small people involved.  But how cool would it be?  And yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment