Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good Morning, Sunshine!

Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not. -- Ursula K. LeGuin

I am trying to get myself up in the morning for training.  I seem to be able to get up for swimming on Wednesdays (and sometimes Fridays) just fine - up at 5a for Masters at 6a.  In fact, this morning I was up watching my alarm clock from 4:45a until just before the alarm was set to go off.  But on non-swimming mornings, I'm having a real struggle making myself want to get up and out of bed.  I need to get over this, because as training ramps up (and it is...started my marathon training plan already this week!), I'm going to need to squeeze some workouts in the morning or I'll never fit everything in.

One thing I hope will help - my new rockin' pink headlamp.  Isn't it the cutest?  I got it from Roadrunner Sports.

Maybe the opportunity to wear that more will get me out of bed in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment