Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Getting Faster Slowly

Hasten slowly. -- Augustus

The 2013 race season is nearly at an end - just a couple of fun runs left...a Turkey Trot 10K on Thanksgiving morning and a Toys for Tots 5K with the little one.  Today I ran my 4th half mary of the year (5th if you count the one in the HIM) - and I set my 2013 half-mary PR.  It's still slow...I'm still over 10 minutes off my actual half mary PR, but I'm over 30 minutes faster than I was last year at this same race.  In fact, today I even ran somewhere around 5 minutes faster than I did in October (which was on a flatter course).   It's happening slowly, but I'm getting faster.  Again.  FINALLY.  Ugh.

Bottom line - I'm really happy with this season.  I've accomplished (and generally exceeded) all of the goals I had for this year.  I have a long ways to go before I'm as fast as I was, and want to be again, but I can see it from here at least.  Time to rest and then get on to next year's goals.  More on that shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment