Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Much Needed Boost

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.  Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. -- Helen Keller

A fantastic weekend of training has brought me up from the schlumps I was in after the OWS fail.  38 mile ride on Saturday, 8 mile run Sunday, 41 mile ride Monday.  Bam!  Yeah, I was tired, and yeah, it was hard...especially Monday...but I made it and it didn't suck too bad.  I have some of my confidence back, and that's good.

Now I just need to conquer that other thing - the swim.  For that, I have hope.  Hope and confidence - that's all I need.  That and to spend the next 100 days training well and smart.  :)

101 days and counting!  Go me!



No comments:

Post a Comment