Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Training 5/5 - 5/18...and take this job and shove it...

Without work, all life goes rotten.  But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies.  -- Albert Camus


Holy crap.  The last two weeks completely kicked my butt.  I don't know how people with real jobs function.  :-)  Work was crazy crazy - some of it completely invigorating (but it was scheduled work, so I had to schedule around it) and some of it was completely soulless (although I could do it whenever)...which kills me.  The good news is that I'm nearly done with my soulless work.  But the crazy doesn't stop.  A busy week for the family the next week and then a week from then vacation!  I love my job - I do...this week, I say shove it.

In the meantime, I should let you know that I HAVE been training.  I missed a little bit of training this week (a small bike), but I'm still making good progress.  (On the other hand, I ate like a PIG the entire week because of work, so that was not good.)

Here's my training for the last two weeks:

Sunday 5/5 - 2 hour ride on Freyja (32.22 miles)
Monday 5/6 - 2.86 mile run, masters swim
Tuesday 5/7 - 65 minute bike (16.23 miles)
Wednesday 5/8 - 6.61 mile run
Thursday 5/9 - 40 minute swim, 47 minute bike (swim/bike brick)
Friday 5/10 - 45 minute swim...pool, river too high for OWS
Saturday 5/11 - CENTURY RIDE!

Sunday 5/12 - Rest
Monday 5/13 - 3.0 mile run, 30 minute swim (LESSON)
Tuesday 5/14 - 50 minute cycle (Freyja on trainer), 25 minute swim
Wednesday 5/15 - Rest
Thursday 5/16 - 5.69 mile run
Friday 5/17 - 40 minute OWS swim (* missed cycle)
Saturday 5/18 - 120 cycle (Freyja on trainer) - planned for tonight...weather has been icky

No comments:

Post a Comment