Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, May 20, 2013

Tri-Family Race Weekend

Insanity runs in my family.  It practically gallops.  -- Cary Grant

It was race weekend at our house this weekend...and the weird thing was, I was the only one NOT racing!  For years it has been race weekend for me or race weekend for the family, but usually I'm part of it.  Not this weekend, though.  The girls did a kids' triathlon on Saturday and hubby did one on Sunday -- I played spectator, cheerleader, and gear-toter.  I was a little bit wistful, but it didn't make any sense for me to do the adult tri (and I'm just a little bit too old for the kid one).

I'm so psyched to have a tri-family - and looking around at these events, it seems to be that is how kids end up being in tris.  Most of the kids at the kids' tri had parents I recognized from triathlons, road races, etc.  It must be really hard to get into triathlons as a kid if your parents aren't already full of crazy (i.e., doing tris themselves).  Not only do I have two awesome tri-girls (and a tri-spouse), but one of them is even going to do tri training this summer through Endorphin Fitness as her sporting activity.  She had a lot fun at the race on Saturday -- the tri training will culminate with her doing another kids' tri in August.  (If the older one isn't too busy with soccer, she'll do the August tri as well.)



No comments:

Post a Comment