Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Training 5/19 - 25 ... and a mid-journey shout-out

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. -- Principal McGee (Eve Arden), "Grease"

Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement -- and we will make the goal.  -- Robert Collier

I guess I should counter some of the negativity of my last post with a dose of optimism.  I have a really great support system of folks that are encouraging this crazy-ass goal of mine, providing encouragement when needed and a kick in the pants at other times.  Obviously, hubby is the key to the support system, but there are others.  The kids are sweet, asking how my workouts are going and telling me it's OK when I tell them not so good.  The folks at the open water swims from Richmond Multisports and Peluso Open Water have been great when I've panicked.  My on-line mentors and friends at Beginner Triathlete have given great advice, as well as a few "suck it up, buttercups"...all at appropriate times.  And my real-life friends have talked me up (or down), trained with me, and offered to train with me (including offering to swim with me or teach me to swim...based on the qualification that she can teach little kids to swim...just kidding R!).  :)

So anyway, to all of you who have been there so far - THANK YOU!  And please don't leave me...because I still need you!

Sunday 5/19 - 55 minute swim, 2.57 mile run
Monday 5/20 - 58 minute bike (16.31 miles), swim lessons
Tuesday 5/21 - 6.32 mile run (tempo)
Wednesday 5/22 - 30 minute swim, 99 minute bike (24.11 miles)
Thursday 5/23 - REST
Friday 5/24 - 35 minute swim (pool), 2.64 mile run, OWS fail
Saturday 5/25 - 2 hour 36 minute bike (38.85 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment