Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted...is to eat

"Vacation" means titillating my taste buds. -- Brett Ratner

We're heading on our summer vacation shortly to Disney World.  I'm so excited!


(photo - wdwinfo.com)

After all, who doesn't love Disney?  And the thing I love best about Disney is eating.  (That and drinking my way around Epcot...)  I'm kind of old for the princesses and all that jazz.  I like the rides.  But I love the food.  Last time we went, we ate on the dining plan and I probably gained a hundred pounds...app, entree, dessert at 2 meals a day...so not necessary.  This year we are bypassing the dining plan -- in part because one of my daughters mysteriously turned into an adult at age 11 (in Disney's mind), making the price of the dining plan mind-boggling.

So instead this year we are going to do something different - older daughter and I are going to share most of our meals.  This is awesome, because I don't have to forgo having an app or a dessert with my entree necessarily - instead, she & I will split an app and an entree or an entree and dessert or we'll get a big app for the table...or some combination thereof.  In part I'm excited about this because we get to save money - in part I'm excited because (hopefully) my daughter and I will have an adventurous culinary experience together.

But in part, and to be really honest a big part, I'm hoping that I can make it through this vacation without gaining a ton of weight.  I know I'll be walking A TON every day - and bringing my shoes to run on the off days.  But I've been working so hard on my training and on my body weight that I don't want to blow it just because I love to eat.  And I love to eat at Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment