Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Flood Stage

We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.  -- Martin Luther King Jr.

The flood of fear or the fear of floods?  Unfortunately, after a moderately successful (for me) OWS experience last Friday, it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while until my next jump in the river.  The river is at dangerous levels and the OWS tomorrow night is gonna be cancelled.  You can look here if you want to see what the National Weather Service says.  Pretty, huh?  The river - not so pretty.

Unfortunately, I was just building up those dikes of courage to hold back my fears.  I had negotiated with hubby to go to this Friday's swim (he gets kid driving duty) because I wanted to scaffold last week's success to another and hopefully make some real progress.  It's easier to get back on the horse if you didn't actually fall off last time, right?

Mother Nature, on the other hand, has some other ideas about it.  And so I'm in the pool until at least May 17th (that's Syttende Mai for all you Norske out there - Happy Norwegian Constitution Day).  Hopefully I'll be celebrating with a successful swim in the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment