Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, May 3, 2013

Weekend plans

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. -- Bill Watterson

This coming weekend is the first "restful" weekend we've had in a long time.  Between traveling, racing, company, and soccer games, I feel like every weekend has been a race to the finish.  I'm not saying this weekend won't also be busy.  On the contrary - but there should be some downtime to do something completely pointless - or at least completely fun with the family.  

This afternoon after work, I'm going for a little run.  Tonight I'm going to another OWS outing...the river isn't too high (5'6") and it hasn't been stormy or raining, so hopefully the current won't be as strong as last time.  Tomorrow morning I'm going on a group bike ride with a local bike club - I've never ridden "with" them before, but I have ridden in some of their events.  Tomorrow afternoon, there's a swim time trial (not that it is really applicable to me, but hubby wants to go and we should get the girls back in the pool too), plus some swim coaching.  And then on Sunday, hubby and I will head out for a long hilly bike ride.


Yeah - it sounds busy - but really, it seems quite manageable.  I'm looking forward to most of it...OK, dreading the OWS a little after last time (and last weekend's race), but not so much that I'm not going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment