Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blech.

Fortunately, I was supposed to look confused and disoriented because, God, I felt that way.  -- Dick York


I'm not good with changes to my routine, you probably already know that.  The last couple days have been thrown off due to an illness in the family we carpool with, meaning I couldn't skip out of work in the afternoon to workout...Monday wasn't so horrible because the plan called for a bike ride and it was raining anyway, so I just put Freyja on the trainer and rode.  Yesterday was a short run, short swim.  The only time I could go was after dinner.  But for many reasons, yesterday I was all discombobulated. I went out for lunch with a bunch of friends and ate way too much.  Uh oh.  And then I didn't really feel like eating dinner, so I helped cook dinner for the family and went to the Y to run on the treadmill and swim.  The run.  The whole time I felt really off - like I was not running straight or something.  I managed to get most of my run in...I cut it off early so I could get in the pool and swim before picking up my eldest daughter.  The swim.  Even more of a disaster.  I was completely disoriented - couldn't get my body position right, couldn't focus on my stroke, nothing was working.  I even grabbed some fins and tried to do the beginner body floats that the Masters coach had me do one night...even that didn't feel right.  I'm not sure if it was the change in routine or eating too much for lunch or what, but yesterday was not a good training day.  I realize those will happen once in a while, but yesterday sucked.

Of course, if I was Bewitched, I could just wiggle my nose and make everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment