Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Achoo

Pressure and stress is the common cold of the psyche. -- Andrew Denton

Before the race this past weekend, I had a sore throat.  Hubby was convinced it was stress, between the race and a work deadline I had on Friday.  And then the race was stressful, as you well know.  Not surprisingly, my cold didn't get any better.  I didn't feel horrible on Monday, but Tuesday was icky and Wednesday morning I had to quit Masters early because I was hacking up phlegm balls.  Gross - I know.

After getting a good night's sleep last night, I'm feeling much better (albeit tired - but that could be because I got up early to run this morning before the heat).  Anyway, I need to figure out how to not get sick because it's a real drag on my training.  Sleep, less stress - yeah - I'd love to...I'm gearing up for the last 50 days before the race - I need to be strong and get the most out of these workouts.  I can't be sick - whether it is my psyche or my lungs.

In less whiny news, a husband who went to watch his wife do a HIM recently wrote a really funny article about how he spent his time - read it HERE.  I can only imagine how much it will suck if my family gets to come see my HIM in September, although hopefully they will take lessons from this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment