Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mile High Running High

Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. -- Zig Ziglar

This week I'm in Colorado.  I'm going to have to amend the above quote - my altitude has definitely affected my attitude (and aptitude...at least on the way down).  Yesterday I had a great run, despite the fact that I am not really acclimated to the altitude at all.  I ran nearly 3 miles down the mountain from my hotel to the town below, and then ran/walked/hiked back up to the hotel.  The way down was a blast!  I was super fast!  Zoom!  But the way up was great too.  Yeah, it took me a lot longer to go up than to go down, but I was pretty proud of myself.  Complete and total running high all of yesterday.  Unfortunately, today my quads are telling me that wasn't as fun as it seemed at the time, but still.  Having a great run when I'm travelling is the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment