Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dress for Success

I try to give the appearance that I have it all together and that I know what I'm talking about, but at the end of the day, I think I might be full of crap. -- Laura Benanti

You know how they always say "dress for success" or "dress for the position you want, not the position you have" -- even if you don't know, just humor me.  Well this week I started to look like a serious triathlete.  (Which is slightly easier than me looking like Shakira...)  I now have an aero-drink system for my bike.  It sits between the aero bars so I can remain hunched over and still hydrate while I'm riding.  Also, the straw in my face is supposed to remind me that I need to keep drinking.  I took it out on the road today and it wasn't too bad.  I need to get used to it, but I did find that I drank regularly and I could stay in position.



 My other purchase for this week was a set of fins and a pull buoy.  I guess I might start looking like a swimmer at some point.  Yikes.  Who ever would have thought that could happen?  I still need a set of hand paddles, but the store was out of my size.  I've also been to Masters religiously since I started going last Monday.  I'm slow, but my stamina is getting better and I'm less uncomfortable about swimming with other "swimmers."  You know - people who look like swimmers...those other people at Masters.


Even though I have the gear to look like a serious triathlete/swimmer, I still harbor a little thought that mostly I don't know crap.  But at least I look cool while I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment