Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, August 23, 2013

And so it begins...

Reality is never as bad as a nightmare, as the mental tortures we inflict on ourselves. -- Sammy Davis Jr.

Two weeks away and the race has become real.  And by real, I mean I am starting to have dreams about it. And by dreams, I mean nightmares.  I don't really remember what I dreamed, but the other night, I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about the HIM.  It's kind of like before you start school or a new job and you have dreams that you get lost, or forget your locker combination, or show up naked.  Kind of like that.  I just remember in my dream that everything was going wrong.  Which is silly, because of course not everything can go wrong - not possible.  I've trained for 7 months.  Good day or bad day, things will go OK, because reality is never as bad as a nightmare.

It's a big triathlon weekend for the family.  The girls are racing a kids triathlon tomorrow - VHBG Youth Triathlon.  It's a great race - both girls did it last year.  The little one has been at a camp all week to prepare for the race (in addition to doing triathlon team all summer), so I hope she has a great race.  With the older one, it all depends on attitude.  If she's in a good mood, she will push herself and do well.  If not, well...I'll be that crazy mom yelling from the sideline encouraging her to get a move on, already.

On Sunday, the husband and I are both doing the mile-swim race.  I'm looking forward to it - I need a confidence booster...which I was also hoping for tonight, but the weather is looking dicey for tonight's OWS Masters.  At least the weather looks good for the weekend.  I'm sure I'll have much to report later this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment