Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, August 16, 2013

Yes, yes I am - and proud of it

Crazy people don't sit around wondering if they're nuts. -- Jake Gyllenhaal

No, crazy people don't sit around wondering if they're nuts.  Instead they go out and find more nutty things to do.

Last post I told you about the mile swim and the marathon plans I'm thinking about.  This morning, hubby floated the idea of me doing another century (Heart of VA) this fall - which I immediately jumped on (subject to our daughters' sports schedules).  I'm starting to put "price bump" reminders in our calendar so I don't have to spend an extra $10 to sign up for my crazy.  I mean, if you're going to be nuts, you might as well be frugal about it, right?

And then there's that whole thing about WTC announcing the new Ironman is in Chattanooga, Tennessee - totally driveable.  Not thinking 2014, but boy is it tempting to think about doing it in the next couple years with hubby.  I never realized how nuts I was getting, probably because I haven't sat around wondering if I'm nuts.

But there are always people who put things in perspective for you.  I was talking to a new coworker of mine this week.  I've been dressing casual (and I don't mean business casual - think jean shorts, tri Ts, and baseball caps) at work this summer and was wearing an old shirt from a local tri.  The woman mentioned that her sister has done that race (it's an OW sprint - Tavern - that I did earlier this summer) but that she has only done a pool-swim tri and that's good for her.  We talked about that race a little, since I had done it last year, and then I happened to mention that I was training for the HIM.  And she told me I was insane.  In a nice way, but still...the message was clear.  :)

I'm surprised she didn't catch onto the insanity earlier, given that this is proudly displayed in my office:


No comments:

Post a Comment