Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, August 1, 2013

C is for Cookie - and that's not good for me

I was eating bad stuff.  Lots of sugar and carbs, junk food all the time.  It makes you very irritated.  -- Avril Lavigne

I mean, who doesn't take their nutritional cues from a punk-pop star?  In the recent past, I have been very good at eating in a healthy way.  But recently, the sugar monster has taken over my body and it is very hard to take it back from him.  When I was on my trip in Colorado, I probably ate more sugar than I did the entire summer leading up until then.  And it's only continued.  Today there was a cookie in my boxed lunch at work.  I ate it - I didn't shun it like I normally do.  But worse yet...because I ate it, now I'm craving sugar all the more.  It's ridiculous and really quite disturbing.  Some of it is a little bit of stress on my part, but honestly, I think some of it is physical.  All the more reason to get back to my normal way of eating...and stop listening to Avril in this song:


All my life I've been good but now, ooooooh,
I'm thinking, what the hell?
All I want is to mess around and I don't really care about...

Time to get back to being good and stop saying "what the hell?" -- just because I'm in the height of my HIM training does not mean I can eat like Cookie Monster.  It'll make me irritated and my training will not be as good as it should be.  And I only have 36 days to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment