Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, August 8, 2013

One Month...

Trials and tribulations, I've had my share...there ain't nothing gonna stop me cause I'm almost there. -- "Almost There" lyrics from Disney's The Princess and the Frog



It's hard to believe that yesterday marked one month until the HIM.  I'm alternately excited and completely and totally freaked out.  I imagine the freak out will start to tip the scale as I get closer, but on the other hand, it is starting to sink in just how far I have come.  And in spite of a crazy schedule of work, travel, and family stuff - I've put in the hours and it shows.  My biking speed is coming along and I am not cursing hills.  Well, OK, I still curse, but I seek out hills to yell at rather than avoid them.  I have built my run back up and, knock on wood, my knees feel good.  And...believe it or not...I'm actually starting to LIKE to swim.  I am occasionally leading the turtle lane at Masters.  Heck, I even woke up at 4:45 yesterday morning so I could make it to Masters before leaving on my next trip (currently in NYC for work).  Only an idiot or someone who likes to swim would do that.  I think I might be both.  :)

One month.  I need to keep my focus, but if I remember how far I've come, it shouldn't be hard.  I'm almost there!

I remember Daddy told me : "Fairytales can come true
But you gotta make 'em happen, it all depends on you"
So I work real hard each and every day
Now things for sure are going my way
...
I'm almost there, I'm almost there

No comments:

Post a Comment