Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Damnit

Of course I get hurt.  -- Jackie Chan

A month to go and a minor hiccup in the road.  A bump in the plan?  A fly in my soup?  A hitch in the ointment?  Actually, the mixed metaphor most accurate would be an oops in my giddyup.  I was travelling the past few days and had a miserable travel evening on Friday.  Somewhere between being cooped up in an airplane seat for far too long and racing all the way across the airport at the Charlotte, NC airport to make my connection, I managed to do something funky to my knee.  The outside of my knee hurts a little when I walk or when I sit too long - it doesn't feel like ITB (at least not the same as it did earlier this year).  I'm hoping I can do a trainer ride tonight and then run/swim tomorrow.  I'm supposed to have a good week of bricks (both swim/bike and bike/run) and I'm also supposed to do a test ride of the race course with a friend on Monday.  Get with the program, knee - this is not going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment