Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, April 12, 2013

Freyja

The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within - strength, courage, dignity. -- Ruby Dee

My new bike has a name - Freyja, the Norse goddess of love, beauty, and war (among other things).  She rules over half of Norse heaven...she gets half of those who die in battle, the rest go to Valhalla.  She also is alleged to be the most beautiful of all Norse goddesses.  And, as the quote above notes, there are all different sorts of beauty...and I want to be strong and courageous (and I guess dignified too).

It took me a while to choose this name.  But I like the name and I know the bike will like it.  I'm excited for next week when we'll get to start to know each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment