Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

She's Here!

After a little bit of FedEx drama (OK, the drama was mine...FedEx was awesome), my bike arrived today.  Here's the box it came in, right after the FedEx guy left.  Yes - I had my camera out before he pulled out of the driveway.  I'm excited like that.

Believe it or not, I didn't immediately crack into the bike.  It's gorgeous here today and I wanted to get a ride in before the girls got home, so I went for a quick ride on Baby before I opened the box.  After I got back, I opened the box.   Hmmm.  Somewhere in here there is suppose to be a bike?

 After taking out all the brown wrapping paper, I found all of the bike pieces.  The bike pieces were covered in white foam wrapping, cardboard sheets, and other fun stuff.  It was kind of like Christmas - paper and tape were flying all over the room.  (There were no bows or ribbon, but that's OK...it was exciting!)

After I got it all unwrapped, I went to work putting it together.  Here is the unwrapped, but not-put-together-version.  (Thankfully it ships mostly put together, but still - it took me some work and multiple sizes of Allen wrenches.)

Here she is put together before I unwrapped the aerobars.
And now, the aerobars unwrapped.
 And here she is.  Isn't she pretty???  I need to schedule a fitting and get the seatpost cut down a bit, but otherwise, I think she's probably good to go.  (Well, she probably needs a little TLC - oil & lube too, but I'll get that done before I ride her.  So excited!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment