Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One Decision Made, One Decision to Make

A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action.  If there's no action, you haven't truly decided. -- Tony Robbins

So I made my decision on a bike.  I'm so excited!  I'm getting a Cannondale Slice Women's 3 Ultegra - it's so pretty.  I know, I know, that's not the important thing.  It's all fit, fit, fit...but it does help that it's pretty.  We ordered it via mail, so it will be a while before I get it, but I can hardly wait.  I'm giddy!


(credit - Cannondale website)

Plus it takes a load off my mind to have the decision actually made.  Doing the research, agonizing over the choice - it was a big decision.  But I feel good about the decision I made.  Now I just need to wait.

Now I have another little decision that's making me nuts.  (Have you noticed that I'm not good at decision making?)  There is a big supported ride in town that I've never been able to do because it conflicts with an annual event at my job.  But I'm planning on skipping the work event this year -- just this year -- to do the supported ride.  That's not the decision.  I was planning on the 50-miler, but hubby brought up the possibility of doing the full century.  Now, I haven't trained extensively nor specifically for the full century - but I know I can do it in the time provided (don't want to miss the beer at the finish).  I may be a bit sore for a bit afterwards, but it would be so cool to do.  It sounds like I'm rushing things - but I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to do this event again...so it's attractive to do the full to say I've done it.  I need to decide in the next week or so.  Ugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment