Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Training 4/7 - 4/13...and distractedness

I procrastinate so much and I get distracted by anything.  -- Zach Braff

It has been a busy couple of days - I've been at a work conference, which is very interesting and intellectually stimulating, but I've sadly found myself to be very distracted.  I am a little concerned about this, because in order to STRIVE, I will need to FOCUS.  Usually my mind only gets tired of these conferences at the end of the second day...my head is full and I'm just done.  But for some reason, I feel like I came into this conference already full and done.  I hope it isn't because of my training - because that is not going to be sustainable over the long run.  Exercise is supposed to aid my focus, not ruin it.  I'm really hoping it's something else - the changing weather, the crazy busy at work before I left, etc.  It is something I'm going to need to keep an eye on.

OK, enough psychobabble.  I started my 20-week training program for the HIM today with a 40-minute run on the hotel treadmill.  Whoo whooo!  It's exciting to finally be on the plan - I feel like I've just been treading water (ha! pun intended) until the plan started.  Now I just need to hit my workouts consistently and I will be able to succeed in September.


Sunday 4/7 - 120 minute cycle (29.45 miles)
Monday 4/8 - 2.66 mile run, masters swim
Tuesday 4/9 - 51 minute cycle (13.36 miles)
Wednesday 4/10 - 80 minute cycle (19.61), 30 minute swim
Thursday 4/11 - REST (travel day)
Friday 4/12 - 2.61 mile run (hotel)
Saturday 4/13 - 3.42 mile run (hotel)


No comments:

Post a Comment