Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, April 22, 2013

One more race on the calendar

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.  -- Ayn Rand

It's like a really bad mix between MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" and Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"...I signed up for another race - you can't stop this because I'm all about believing in myself.  Stop, hammer time!

I signed up for an Oly distance race in early July - it should get my swim nerves all settled, since the Oly swim distance is not much shorter than the HIM swim.  Plus they're both river swims (one in the Potomac, the other in the James) and they're going to be hot, hot, hot!  (Get me some Buster Poindexter too.)

That's going to be it for races (you think?) for this year, unless I run a 5K or something in December...or find some other wild activity to get myself into.

In other news, today I'm putting Freyja on the trainer to try to get more used to the aero position and my shoulders/neck.  We're going out on the road for real on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment